Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Save the Children International (Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre)
Site web : https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=210000ZI&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FJohannesb
Lieu de l'emploi : DRC/Goma /
Fichier : jp_medical_and_non_medical_procurement_manager.docx
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Santé
Date de publication : 18/02/2021
Date limite : 25/02/2021
Qualifications and experience
- Preferred MA/MSc/BA/BSc/BEng/MEng in management; Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Engineering or related fields and/ or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working in logistics or Procurement, with in depth experience vis-à-vis the entire Procurement lifecycle.
- Registered pharmacist with at least 5 years’ international experience.
- Experience in medical logistic in humanitarian settings
- Experiences in humanitarian sector in primary or secondary health care service
- Knowledge of the good practices of storage and distribution in addition to rational use of medicines
- Strong understanding of infection control risks.
- Excellent in ORT management and training facilitation
- Sector experience in NGO/UN system is preferred but strong commercial sector candidate with a demonstrable interest and passion of the NGO sector will be considered.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, developing Category Strategies and running complex tenders.
- Strong experience in some of our key programmatic categories (Supply Chain, Construction, Humanitarian Goods, Education Supplies, Medicines) or indirect categories (External Workers/Consultancy, IT, Property etc.).
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary, multi-cultural team.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to motivate and support team in stressful situations.
- Able to work in stressful situation and long workings days
- Good capacity of adaptation
- Excellent fluency in French
- Good speaking English including pharmaceutical terminology.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Procurement systems experience
- Previous experience with SCI logistic guidelines including TIM platform highly desirable
- Previous experience of working in DRC
- Previous experience and understanding of the health system in DRC and eastern Congo
The Medical and Non-Medical Procurement Manager is responsible for managing the Procurement of programmatic and non-programmatic goods and services. S/he:
- Ensures that all of our goods and services are procured in accordance with the timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SCI’s systems, policies and procedures, to support our programmes to deliver outstanding results for children
- Ensures that “value for money” is achieved through competitive and transparent Procurement processes.
- Provides technical and strategic support to our national/ area/ field offices to increase Procurement capacity and to achieve the operational goals of the Country Supply Chain team.
The Medical and non-medical Procurement Manager will oversee and input the adherence of medical use where required by programme. He will advise on medical storage and transportation of medical and non-medical goods.
Contract length: 12 Months (Fixed Term)