Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Save the Children International (Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre)
Site web : https://drc.savethechildren.net/careers?country=80305011241,119605011241,30105011241
Lieu de l'emploi : DRC/Kinshasa /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 08/04/2021
Date limite : 23/04/2021
Qualifications and experience
- Masters’ Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, and experience in relevant social science (especially in Child Development or Community Development), human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive senior management and/ or development experience, including experience designing and implementing programs for children.
- Experience in one or more of Save the Children's thematic sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition, child poverty, emergencies.
- Understanding of advocacy, policy, and government systems in the host country, and particular experience with child rights programming, including UNCRC.
- Strong skills and proven experience in leading strategic planning, change management and program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective.
- Strong skills and proven experience in new program development, project design and proposal writing with corporate, foundations and/or institutional donors.
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels.
- Experience in developing and managing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning systems.
- Excellent listening, inter-personal, communication and networking skills; proven experience and effectiveness working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure; and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- Skills in training, capability building, coaching, mentorship, problem solving, and project cycle management.
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development.
- Proven experience as a team player and leader in an international organisation.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and in French
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the DRC, the Director of Program Development and Quality (PDQ) is responsible for driving cross-functional engagement in the development and delivery of Country Strategy Plans (CSPs), developing annual plans and reporting on results. S/he is responsible for ensuring development and delivery of high quality, evidence-based, innovative programs for children, in all contexts, that contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. The Director of PDQ ensures that a robust monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) system is in place, that the country office engages in the collection and use of evidence and that this is shared across the global organization, and that reliable data is used for decision-making. One key aspect of the role is ensuring capability building, mentoring and coaching of technical specialists in order to support program quality in line with global standards and key performance indicators. As a senior leader in the country office, s/he plays a representational role with the government, donors, partners, peer agencies, SC Members and others. The Director of PDQ supports strategic positioning with donors and partners and leads on project design to ensure that the country office strategy can be delivered in line with child rights programming principles.
Contract length: 24 Months (Fixed Term)