Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Accion contra el hambre
Site web : www.accioncontraelhambre.org
Lieu de l'emploi : Jerusalem /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Récolte de fonds
Date de publication : 19/10/2022
Date limite : 02/11/2022
- Degree and/or master’s degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.)
- Good experience in proposal writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management. Ability to write donor reports and proposals Native English. Training and capacity building experience.
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger or organization with similar sectors (WASH, FSL) and donors (ECHO, Humanitarian Fund/OCHA, UNICEF, Spanish donors) strongly preferred considering length of assignment
- Excellent writing skills are required for this position. Arabic is useful and Spanish is an asset.
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- We offer immediate Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract Length: 6 months and a half (Maternity leave replacement) Base: Jerusalem office with regular trips to Gaza.
- A Compensation package estimated in €48,068 gross/year. (pro-rata calculation applies for limited contracts).
- Compensation Package * consisting of:
- Salary: 33,068€ gross/year divided in 12 payments.
- Benefits package * estimated at 15,000 euros / year paid directly by the organization that includes:
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.).
- Travel for breaks.
- Per Diem of 215 euros for each break (paid at mission level in local currency).
- Annual leave return ticket.
- Accommodation in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent.
- Return ticket to the mission.
- Child allowance per child (under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger-Spain)
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
- 25 days paid leave per year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY. NATIONAL APPLICATIONS WILL FOLLOW DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ACCORDING TO AAH POLICIES.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Action Against Hunger has commitment to protect all persons we come into contact with through our work, including children and At-Risk adults. Action Against Hunger has ZERO TOLERANCE towards all forms of harm and abuse, including sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. We take concerns and complaints relating to Safeguarding issues involving our Staff, Associated Personnel, Partners and Suppliers very seriously and will take action to vigorously investigate and manage any violations or alleged violations of our policies. We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
Applications will be accepted no later than Wednesday, 2nd November 2022
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
The Grant Manager, in close collaboration with the Deputy Country Director and the field teams, will ensure regular oversight, monitoring, and support to the management of the Mission’s grant portfolio, all through the lifecycle, proposal preparation, to grant compliance checks, donor visibility requirements and reporting.
The Grant Manager will take the lead and/or support the process of development of high-quality funding proposals and concept notes. S/he will lead the reporting efforts of the mission in compliance with donor regulations and shall follow mission-level and HQ related established processes, and ensure all documentation is in line with Action Against Hunger’s Internal Guidelines.
To ensure efficient processes and contract monitoring, the Grant Manager is expected to create and maintain tools and grant files and records, including the GESPRA system (AAH project archiving platform) and stay updated on donor requirements.
This is an extremely dynamic and rigorous role, requiring strong coordination and organisation skills, to ensure that all deliverables are produced in a timely manner, which can be a challenge at times. The Grant Manager will keep in regular contact with all staff involved in the implementation of grants.
Upon request from the Country Director and Deputy Country Director, based on time avilability and needs, the Grant Manager could at key moments also support the Mission with tasks related to:
- Donor Mapping and Donor Intelligence.
- Development of miscellaneous products for donors/external stakeholders.
- Undertake communications activities in the absence of a dedicated staff.
Objective 1: Actively support the oPt mission in identifying and responding to new funding opportunities
- Support the Country Director and Deputy Country Director in terms of donor intelligence by gathering and maintaining up to date a donor mapping and search for background information on key donors. This will take the form of regularly updating a donor data base, briefing notes and any other relevant document.
- Monitor new call for proposals and thoroughly review the ones published, identifying risks and constraints for each one as well as AAH’s eligibility and brief DCD and other relevant staff accordingly.
- Support and/or lead proposal writing effort in coordination with DCD and technical teams in the field. This entails the preparation of internal work plan, proposal templates, review of donor guidelines, writing of sections of or full concept notes and proposal, quality and coherence check, language editing, financial vs. narrative coherence review etc.
- Ensure proposals/CN are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines and language.
- Coordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and resubmission, as well as ensuring access and uploading of feedback ad proposals to online donor databases.
Objective 2: Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
- Maintain up to date reporting schedule and ensure information sharing to all relevant staff within the mission so reports are adequately anticipated
- Support AAH field teams and coordination with admin/finance to understand donor requirements and anticipate any difficulty in fulfilling them
- Prepare reporting formats and support field teams not familiar with them to understand them
- Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time, including thorough review of reports to ensure donor compliance and strong language.
- Liaise with either HQ or donor to stay up to date on reporting requirements and in following up/tracking of submitted reports
- When feasible, ensure that reporting requirements are kept minimal for the Mission and that processes are streamlined and efficient.
Objective 3: Provide Strategic and Technical support to Grant Management and Partnership.
- Lead and support the mission process of due diligence with partners. This includes briefing staff members on the process, supporting them in filling the documentation with AAH’s new partners and maintaining an up-to-date database of all the required documents.
- Review thoroughly all contract and memorandum of understanding signed by AAH with donors, partners, institutions and ensure use of standard formats. Ensure alignment with AAH and donors’ requirements.
- Maintain up to date archives of key contractual documents (proposal, contract, partners’ MoU). This includes the maintenance of the related sections in GESPRA (Online Project Management Tool), at least on a weekly basis.
- Provide briefing papers and support the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings.
- Set up and constantly update database for donor guidelines and regulations and create fact sheets for main donors.
- Inform programme and support teams on any changes to existing donor guidelines and regulations; answer/investigate any compliance related questions during the course of the projects.
- Coordination with Admin/Finance Coordinator on donor compliance issue and contractual issues.
- Support Programme Teams in ensuring donor visibility requirements are met and, in the planning, and organisation of donor field visits.
- Follow up on technical compliance regarding donor rules and regulations (means of verification, quality of documentation, and technical archiving) and support field team to comply with relevant programmatic archiving.