Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Accion contra el hambre
Site web : www.accioncontraelhambre.org
Lieu de l'emploi : Jerusalem /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Entretien/logisitique
Date de publication : 20/04/2023
Date limite : 05/05/2023
PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Logistics, Business, Engineering or another related field. Master in Logistics, Humanitarian Studies or similar an asset.
- Good procurement, security, fleet and IT knowledge (especially in data management/ analysis).
- Advanced knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, UNICEF, EU, UNICEF, AECID) an asset.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a similar role (international humanitarian operations, medium-big sized mission, access constraints).
- Minimum 3-years’ experience in field logistics or related field coordination in a Humanitarian Aid organization.
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics management and coordination within the field of supply chain management, fleet/transport management, asset management, budgeting and budget management for logistics.
- Experience in launching tenders and in logistics tools development and data analysis is an asset.
- Experience producing accurate, timely and efficient reports about all areas related to logistics.
- Proven management and coordination skills (including HR and stress management) and ability in translating analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategic decision-making.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger is an asset.
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- Advanced Windows Office 365 user, medium level of MS Excel compulsory, PowerBI. software knowledge is an asset. General IT knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Mobility between bases as required (Hebron, Gaza, etc.). Ability to travel occasionally outside oPt.
We offer immediate Incorporation into a multicultural, professional and innovative organization with the possibility of participating in projects with high social impact.
- Contract Length: 12 months under Spanish labor contract with possibility of extension.
- Base: Jerusalem office with regular trips to Hebron and Gaza
- A compensation package estimated between €53,323 and €61,676 gross/year. (pro-rata calculation applies for limited contracts).
- Compensation Package * consisting of:
- Salary: from 38,323€ gross to 46,676€ / year divided in 12 payments.
- Benefits package * estimated at 15,000 euros / year paid directly by the organization that includes:
- Insurance for the expatriate (health, life, repatriation, travel etc.).
- Travel allowance for breaks: up to 365 EUR.
- Per Diem of 215 euros for each break.
- Annual leave return ticket.
- Accommodation in guest house or payment of an allowance covering partially an individual rent.
- Return ticket to the mission.
- Child allowance per child (under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger-Spain).
- 25 days paid leave per year.
- Adapted professional career where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and competencies.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PACKAGE IS APPLICABLE FOR FOREIGN APPLICATIONS ONLY.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Action Against Hunger has commitment to protect all persons we come into contact with through our work, including children and At-Risk adults. Action Against Hunger has ZERO TOLERANCE towards all forms of harm and abuse, including sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. We take concerns and complaints relating to Safeguarding issues involving our Staff, Associated Personnel, Partners and Suppliers very seriously and will take action to vigorously investigate and manage any violations or alleged violations of our policies.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to access to the service:
Add link from our website.
Applications will be accepted no later than Friday, 05th April 2023
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our website www.accioncontraelhambre.org. In case you do not find the job advertisement published here, it means that the selection process has been closed.
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
- Ensure coordination between Logistics and the other departments in the Mission, to provide an adequate level of support to Action Against Hunger operations in oPt.
- Manage the Logistics department, monitoring its performance in all the processes related to Logistics to ensure they are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy.
- Draft the Mission´s Logistics Strategy and collaborate with the other members of the Coordination team in creating the Mission´s Strategy.
Objective 1: Coordinate logistics at national level (65%)
Internal coordination of the logistics team in the Mission
- Ensure the standardization of Action Against Hunger´s logistics procedures, KitLog) and compliance with donors’ regulations and tools.
Drafting / Revision of Proposals and Reports to donors
- Ensure proposals are in line with the Mission´s Logistics Strategy, and take into account logistics costs, needs, and the logistics context in the intended implementation areas, prepare and implement Project Procurement Plans
- Prepare and/or supervise the reports accuracy to donors on all logistics aspects defined by their policy (including stock, equipment, fleet, and procurement).
Support to and supervision of the supply chain:
- Implementation and monitoring of Action Against Hunger´s Supply Chain Management Tools.
- Ensure efficient transport of supplies within the Mission.
- Implementation of the anti-fraud policy and its tools within the logistics department.
Budgeting, reporting, analysis and information management
- Prepare and follow up the logistics part of the Mission´s annual budget.
- Control and analyse the Mission´s Logistics indicators, data and costs.
- Ensure the implementation of Action Against Hunger´s Archiving Policy for Logistics Documents.
- Participate and timely contribute to Audit and Compliance requests.
- Ensure that all base logistics have knowledge and capacity to respond to the Audit requirements in coordination with Finance department Ensure the Monthly Reporting requirements to Headquarters are met by the Mission.
IT & Communication Management:
- Implement adequate, cost efficient and relevant IT & Communication systems.
- Update and follow-up on Action Against Hunger´s IT policy implementation in the Mission.
- Act as Mission IT Focal point between HQ IT Department/support and Bases IT Focal Point staff.
- Advice and support the different Department on data management, security data requirements and data repositories standards.
- Ensure that mission equipment managed according to Action Against Hunger and donors’ guidelines.
Supervise efficient fleet planning and its management.
Objective 2: Contribute to the definition of mission strategy (5%)
- Contribute to the definition of the logistics component of the Mission´s strategy with information, hard data, and clear planning.
- Develop, update, and disseminate the Mission´s Logistics Strategy.Develop and implement Environmental Reduction Impact Action Plan.
Objective 3: Promote and ensure collaboration and coordination in logistics with external stakeholders and implementing partners (5%)
- Contribute to the process of selection of implementing partners, and validate any analysis submitted by the bases on their logistics capacity and ensure implementation of planned actions.
- Represent Action Against Hunger on any external coordination bodies and develop a network for the exchange of information and good practices on logistics.
Objective 4: Line-management of the logistics team in Jerusalem, and technical management of and support to Base Logisticians in the Bases (15%)
- Define the country’s logistics team configuration in collaboration with the Management Team, ensuring the correct allocation of human resources within the Mission.
- Develop and monitor individual action plans for every member of the department.
- Contribute to the Mission Training Plan and monitor its implementation within the logistics department.
- Provide technical support, guidance, or training to any team member, as needed.
- Evaluate the performance of every team member and contribute to the development their relevant skills.
Objective 5: Operational support to the Mission´s security management (10%)
- Advise the Country Director on matters related to security management and context development.
- Deputise as security manager in the absence of the Country Director.
- Contribute to the design and update of the operational component of the Mission´s Safety Plan package.
- Ensure the compliance of all staff with the Mission´s safety regulations.
- Contribute to the follow up on the physical status and availability of contingency measures and equipment (e.g., hibernation boxes, back-up vehicles).