Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Handicap International Belgium
Site web : https://www.handicapinternational.be
Lieu de l'emploi : Kyiv /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Autre
Date de publication : 12/09/2023
Date limite : 03/10/2023
- You hold an Advanced Degree / diploma in Humanitarian Action studies, Disability Studies, or social fields (anthropology, psychosocial, sociology, protection, public health…)
- You have proven experience in project management in field of inclusion with NGOs
- You have experience in disability mainstreaming projects in humanitarian action in different sectors of intervention and over different phases of humanitarian response including training and technical supervision
- You are patient, able to stand back and to work under high pressure and show a good level of autonomy and initiative
- You show strong communication and interpersonal skill
- You speak and read English fluently (French would be an asset)
In HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
- 12 months International contract starting from 15th November 2023
- The position is based in Kyiv in Ukraine
- The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:
- Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
- Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level as your monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
- Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution; Repatriation insurance paid by HI
- Salary from 2750€ gross/month upon experience
- Perdiem: 559.65€ net/month
- Hardship: 500€ net/month
- Paid leaves: 25 days per year;
- R&R: 5 days every 8 weeks
- Position: unaccompanied; Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa)
- Housing: Collective took in charge by HI
How do you get to us?
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the link below:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
HI is engaged in supporting the Ukrainian population affected by the war: since February 28, two teams left for Ukraine and the neighboring countries to analyze the context, the security, and the needs.
To date, HI continues the implementation of its program in two countries, Ukraine and Moldova, with more than 20 expatriates and more than 50 employees recruited on the spot.
More than any other, HI ensures that humanitarian actions are inclusive, allowing the most vulnerable populations (people with disabilities, elderly, sick, injured) to have access to the help they need. With a focus on physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support, shelter, access to food, water, and sanitation, explosive remnants of war risk education, and advocacy.
With its Atlas Logistics Unit, HI also ensures the delivery of humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach areas in the East for all NGOs in need thanks to its shared transport and storage activities. For more information, visit our website HERE
We need you to support our field teams in deploying this massive emergency response. Your help can make a difference. Join us!
Since the beginning of the war, HI has set up a two-country program covering Ukraine and Moldova. Aligning itself with the priorities of the Ukraine Flash Appeal and Regional Refugee Response Plan, HI pillars of interventions are :
- Health: physical rehabilitation and mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS)
- Armed Violence Reduction: Explosive Ordnance (EO) and Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP)
- Basic needs
- Humanitarian-to-humanitarian logistics (ATLAS Logistique)
Under the responsibility of the Technical Head of Programme, as Inclusive Humanitarian Action Specialist, you will strategize, supervise the quality and coordinate the design, implementation and monitoring of HI’s inclusive humanitarian action activities and project results in close collaboration and partnership with networks and organizations of persons with disabilities. You will ensure optimal quality and impact of the projects implemented in the country, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. You will share with all HI managers the responsibility of a sound management and successful functioning of the global organization, through paradigm changes.
Your main responsibilities will be :
- Contributes to the regional strategies in line with the global strategies by providing sectorial technical input
- Ensures technical support to projects in line with the global technical frameworks and standards in your sectorial scope (Create context specific guidance on inclusive humanitarian action, ensures adequate support enhancing an inclusive response by sharing guidance, conducting awareness rising, support partner organizations and HI teams in identifying and removing barriers to services/centers)
- Ensures technical learning from projects (develop recommendations and tools ensures the control & monitoring of the technical quality set a frame for quality control, using the IASC guidelines, ensure regular technical quality control of projects, monitor the implementation of audit recommendations)
- Ensures compliance of the technical proposition with nexus stakes (emergency preparedness, response and recovery)
- Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, in your sectorial scope
- Contributes to the capacity development of the local team (recruitment, animate a local talent pool in your sectorial scope
Contribute to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise in his sectorial scope
- Actively participate and raise awareness in the Disability Working Group; the AAP working group and the protection working group on inclusive humanitarian action
- Contribute to advocacy on specific themes in line with the national advocacy priorities
- Contribute to communication messages locally in line with the national communication priorities
3. Business development
Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the region under his sectorial scope
- Contributes to the context analysis in his sectorial scope
- Contributes to the design and writing of new projects in the region and when asked in other countries within the Geographic Division
- Identify & transform major opportunities in the region under his scope
- Contributes to the conception of major projects (multiple countries, one theme) or of new projects in the region
- Identify & develop local partnerships and/or consortium with NGOs, on technical priorities or important topics in the region under his sectorial scope
HI has 2 hubs, one in the East (based in Dnipro) and one in the West (based in Chernivtsi) and the coordination is in Kyiv. We have activities in other cities like Lviv, Vinnyitsia, Kharkiv, Poltava). HI staff is accommodated in guesthouses or in a hotel (depending on the location).