Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins du monde France
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JAOldnCL?idpartenaire=220
Lieu de l'emploi : Beirut /
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Entretien/logisitique
Date de publication : 24/05/2023
Date limite : 21/08/2023
Significant similar experience with humanitarian organizations and in grants management
Experience in supervision and team management
Experience in global overview of a program implementation and long-term strategy
Knowledge and experience of work in the Middle-East is an asset
Ability to work in a volatile security context
Ability to manage a team and work with partners in a multi-cultural setting
Ability to manage priorities and to meet deadlines as well as work under pressure
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Languages: fluency in English is mandatory, good commend of French is highly recommended and commend of Arabic is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Lebanon for nearly 30 years and specifically on the response to the Syrian crisis since 2012. The goal of MdM is to offer care to Syrian refugees and vulnerable Lebanese affected by this crisis. MdM’s intervention aims to strengthen the national health and mental health system and increase access to quality primary and mental healthcare.
MdM is working in the integration of mental health in the primary healthcare system and contributing to the development of community-based mental healthcare services, opening and running community mental health centers (CMHC), in coordination with partners for substance use and gender components.
As of October 2021, the Government of Lebanon (GoL) estimates that the country hosts 1.5 million Syrians who have fled the conflict in Syria, including 844,056 refugees registered with UNHCR, along with 257,000 Palestinian refugees. These populations live across all governorates in Lebanon.
Lebanon is currently facing a multi-layered crisis characterised by an acute economic contraction, a political crisis, the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, the continuation of the Syria crisis and the economic consequences of the war in Ukraine.
In this context, the mission faces many challenges on a daily basis: fluctuating exchange rates, difficulty in recruiting national staff, new government policies impacting salaries and bonuses, significant inflation, deflation of the standard of living for all (including expats), access to basic needs and electricity and medicines.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values. You also plan, centralise, coordinate and supervise the financial, human resources and logistics management and administration of the mission in line with MdM timescales, policies and procedures.
You lead a team (1 logistics manager, 1 finance manager, 1 HR officer) and support partners. You provide technical support to operational staff on the HR, logistics and financial management of the mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
Supervision and coordination of support services
- Ensure the line management of the 3 support services (Finance, HR, Logistics)
- Ensure that other coordinators and staff are cost aware and ensure efficient use of resources
- Ensure an effective and regular coordination of the 3 support services
- Brief and build the capacities of your colleagues from other departments of the mission
- Be the mission’s focal point for all legal aspects related to MdM operations in Lebanon
- Oversee the monthly update of the BFF by the finance manager, review and update the forecast with the program teams and be responsible for the completeness of the BFF
- Supervise the drafting of the new program budgets
- Supervise the drafting of the annual MdM procurement plan
- Supervise the accounting closure
- Monitor the cash flow, ensure timely submission of the monthly cash needs and assess and mitigate any cash risks
Internal control and compliance
- Ensure that partners are compliant with donor requirements
- Be in charge of the proper document filing and ensure mission archives are regularly and properly sent to HQ
- Be the focal point for the preparation of all audits and evaluations
- Act as the focal point for the AFD consortium partners on proper procedure drafting and compliance as well as on procurement and financial reporting
- Assess the needs and support your team in building the capacity of the partners on consortium procedures implementation
- Evaluate contractual arrangements and legal commitments/risks for appropriate action
- Foster a positive work environment and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed
- Prepare financial reports as per donors contracts requirements
- Anticipate and actively participate in reporting to donors
- Participate in the monthly situation report
- Be responsible for sending monthly financial documents to HQ
- Provide regular reporting to the general coordinator
- Train and mentor your team members, after proceeding with a capacity gap assessment
- Lead the coordination meetings when necessary to maintain an effective communication and cooperation between all departments
- Ensure good information flow with other coordinators
- Support and participate in the regular appraisal of the staff under your direct management
- Participate in the recruitment process of the staff under your direct responsibility
- Actively participate in the bi-monthly coordination meeting
- Contribute to strategy building, especially by bringing contextual elements related to economic fluctuations
- Represent MdM in all accurate meetings, especially finance/HR/logistics inter-agency meetings
- Represent MdM in dedicated meeting upon general coordinator's request
- Ensure smooth communication between each department and HQ
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
Housing allowance: 1 400 USD /month
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO