Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Save the Children International (Afrique de l’Ouest et du Centre)
Site web : https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900044K&lang=en
Lieu de l'emploi : Dakar / Senegal
Fichier : regional_education_in_emergencies_technical_advisor.docx
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Autre
Date de publication : 08/11/2019
Date limite : 24/11/2019
- asters degree in Education, International Development, Political Sciences or equivalentEssential
- At least 7 years’ experience of delivering high quality Education in Emergencies and preparedness programmes including first phase response experience
- Understanding of the Education in Emergencies sector in West and Central Africa
- Success track record on innovative Education in Emergencies Programme Development
- Able to design, lead and backstop on EiE response cycles, including the most complex emergencies – including strategy development and planning
- Experience of contingency planning/emergency preparedness planning
- Ability to uphold SC's role as Global Education Cluster Co-lead, and supports COs within the region to fulfil this commitment
- Ability to represent the EiE sector in high level meetings and with donors; advocate for increased EiE funding, promotes effective programming approaches, as well as lobbies for the right to education for the most marginalized groups affected by crises, at high level meetings.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for children
- Experience of promoting quality and impact through at least one cross-cutting are: gender equality and inclusion, adaptive and safer programming.
- Sound understanding of and commitment to SC generic programme approaches and core standards in humanitarian response
- Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Experience of developing and supporting teams, and the ability to lead, motivate and build the capacity of staff through training, coaching and mentoring
- Results focused and ability to develop and drive innovative and pragmatic programmatic and operational solutions
- Ability to work well across different functional areas and departments
- Good knowledge of cross sectoral linkages for Education in Emergencies and willingness to engage with other sectors for shared outcomes
- Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring
- Fluent in English and French, with high level of writing skills in both English and FrenchContract length: 2 YearsThe Organisation
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.Application Information:
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Regional Humanitarian Technical Experts drive the quality, accountability and timeliness of humanitarian responses and contribute to emergency preparedness in the region. Regional Technical Experts will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between the Save the Children’s global and country level technical work, strengthening our technical offer at the regional level. They will play a strong role in regional capacity building efforts, mentoring and building networks across CO TEs, and foster cross-CO learning. They will support regional advocacy and influencing and drive regional strategic partnerships for learning and new business development. They will provide Quality Assurance and demand driven TA to COs, in line with regional priorities and design and input to implementation and monitoring of regional programmes.