Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins Sans Frontières - Artsen Zonder Grenzen
Site web : https://www.msf.be
Lieu de l'emploi : Brussels / Belgium
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Autre
Date de publication : 26/05/2023
Date limite : 11/06/2023
- University-level diploma
- Medical or paramedical qualification is an asset
- Degree in Project Management is an asset
- Essential previous experience of at least two years required in the field of humanitarian aid
- Essential working experience in developing countries or in migration contexts
- Experience in team management mandatory
- Good oral and written French, Dutch and English
The MSF mission in Belgium intends to address within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach, the health needs and main social determinants of populations in situation of exclusion in parallel to pro-actively engaging on the visibility of the problematics and promoting institutional change. The target population includes migrants in transit, in stagnation, undocumented migrants and those in administrative detention.
Today, the Belgian mission is structured around 4 axes of intervention:
- Mental health: first line mental health care is provided at the HUB humanitaire and in shelters & squats.
- Outreach: the mobile team is providing sensitization, prevention, control of infections, health promotion, primary health care and referral to specialized medical care if necessary.
- Emergencies: the mission responds to specific identified emergencies when needed.
- Advocacy & communications’ interventions on the reception crisis
The Operations responsible will work as a trinome with the Medical Coordinator and the Head of Mission in planning and implementation of project’s operations and priorities, by identifying the population’s health needs, analyzing the context, risks and constraints, and by calculating human and financial resources needed. He/she will contribute to the supervision, monitoring and follow-up of operations together with the Medical Coordinator in order to ensure its efficient and smooth functioning.
- In collaboration with the Medical Coordinator and the Head of Mission, define and develop the operational strategy of the project.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator, be responsible of operations in the project and supervise the operational team.
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the medical/operational team, in the induction of new staff, contribute to the feedback process, and define staff learning &development needs accordingly.
- In collaboration with the project team, the Head of Mission, and the Medical Coordinator, monitor and analyse the humanitarian and medical situation in Belgium.
- Participate in the analysis of new medico-humanitarian activities, including emergency preparedness (EPREP) and response (Interventions).
- Become “Intervention Responsible” for emergency response activities: strategy definition and implementation of activities, coordination of the emergency team.
- Relay advocacy messages to bear witness to the consequences of weak basic services on the population, intensify the humanitarian response and call for change.
- Represent the project and activities towards partners and assist to operational meetings.
- In collaboration with the HR Coordinator, the Medical Coordinator and the Head of Mission, plan and organize human resources according to the operational priorities of the project.
- Contribute to project budget management and monitoring.
- Compile and share reports required to monitor and share project progress.
- Ensure that the medical/operational team is aware of MSF strategies, ambitions and plans.
- In close collaboration with the rest of the project coordination, ensure that MSF acts as a responsible employer in terms of ethics, working conditions and reduction of risks to the safety and health of employees.
- Ensure compliance to MSF's charter, ethical standards and policies, as well as international and national laws and regulations, in order to achieve the project's objectives
- Expected starting date: 7 August 2023
- Location*: Brussels (Belgium)
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract – Full time
- Contract duration: Until December 31st 2023 – extension possible
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal Vouchers - Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- After this first assignment in Brussels, possibility to leave as international mobile staff to several missions between 6 and 12 months without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment. Find out more about working in the field with MSF on https://www.msf-azg.be/fr/travailler-avec-msf/sur-le-terrain
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues and personal career development throughout several missions.
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
*Due to administrative constraints given the duration of the contract, candidates must already have the permanent right to work in Belgium (European Union citizen) or a residence permit/document with the mention “access to the labour market unlimited”
Deadline for applications: 11 June 2023
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to MSFOCB-Belgium-HRFIN@brussels.msf.org and mention “Operations Responsible” in the subject of your email.
Please also mention in your cover letter your interest or not to integrate a pool of project coordinators, and to leave as international staff with MSF, after this first mission in Belgium (not mandatory).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.