UniField Supply Transition officer (USTO) (m/f)
Personne de Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de candidature: 31/07/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée indéterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Brussels
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. It comprises several sites, in each mission on the field (projects and capital), with MSF Supply its European Supply Center, and the Kenya Supply Unit its regional hub. The Supply Chain Department defines the global strategy of this supply chain, pilots its performance, and ensures that each site has the relevant support for its development.
This position’s purpose is to ensure the OCB Supply Chain has a well-defined Strategy for the years to come, which is understood, aligned and whose implementation is monitored in all its sites. Subsequently, his/her role is to ensure the Strategy is translated into a coherent portfolio of projects delivering their intended value.
Under the supervision of the Supply Chain Director, the Strategic Planning & Project Management Coordinator:
- Ensures the OCB Supply Chain has a well-defined Strategy for the years to come, comprising of specific Strategic Objectives and indicators of success. He/she makes sure the Strategy is well understood by all staff and makes sure all sites are aligned and contribute to it.
- Ensures the Strategy is translated into coherent portfolios of projects at all levels and that the decisional bodies can take informed decisions about project prioritization, conflict and interdependencies resolutions and resource allocation.
- Monitors the Strategy roll-out, the achievement of the intended Strategic Objectives and the overall performance of the portfolio of projects and advice the decisional bodies about preventive/corrective actions to be taken. Owns the agenda of the Strategic Planning and triggers review of the Strategy when need be.
- Support teams delivering their projects along all phases of the Project Lifecycle and on time, in scope. Help mitigate the risks and ensure the Supply Chain derive the intended benefits from its projects.
- Ensures the OCB Supply Chain Strategy and derived projects are aligned and communicated with our partners inside the OCB (other departments) and at international level.
- Ensures a relevant methodology is defined for both Strategic Planning and Project Management functions. Provides training to the teams on their use.
- Collaborates with relevant function/department for budget and workforce alignment as well as overall organization with the rest of the OCB.
DEPLOYMENT PREPARATION AND FACILITATION
- In collaboration with the OCB UniField Deployment Manager who is administratively and hierarchically supervising the supply MIOs involved on the deployment, the USTO will bring a technical and functional supervision and make sure that
- MIOs have an organised planning
- MIOs work according to the correct processes
- MIOs receive the appropriate support
- MIOs are regularly evaluated
- Work in close collaboration with finance and IT counterparts to ensure coherent deployment of the software
- Collaborate with the technicians of the Supply Unit in order to guarantee that the supply processes used in the missions where UniField is going to be deployed are aligned with the standards.
- Guarantee a continuous collaboration between the UniField deployment team and the Supply Unit (back office and front office), particularly on supply processes and on how these processes are translated in the software.
- Ensure that deployment team, cell and members of the Supply Unit agree on the deployment technical modalities, based on the (pre)mapping outcomes. This includes the processes covered by UniField (mostly on orders and stock management), the users to be trained and the user rights validation.
- Follow-up the pre-requisites for implementation. In collaboration with MIOs and SCOs (who have the accountability of the pre-requisites implementation before the deployment), he/she establishes a road-map for the mission
- During the deployment facilitate the communication between the MIOs and the IT-IS Referent for the requests for improvement, and with the USUS for ticketing. At the end of the deployment he/she makes sure that all the requests for improvements and the bugs are reported to the Supply Unit (Field supply IS tools referent)
- Support the deployment team on missions when needed providing guidance
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
- Facilitate the integration of new supply MIOs within the deployment team (organize training on UniField software, give briefing on deployment strategies and on standard supply processes used within OCB, organize briefings with the members of the Supply Units on relevant topics)
- Provide support and coordinate the MIOs for update of the relevant documentation platforms related to the deployment: UniField presentation, deployment planning, deployment reports and sitreps,…
- Facilitate the communication between the IT-IS REFERENT with the MIOs in respect to Unifield software updates
- Facilitate the handover of deployed countries to the person in charge of the support on UniField supply functionalities (USUS) and the Field supply IS tools referent.
- Guarantee the capitalization of the deployment material in collaboration with the MIOs
- Work in close collaboration with the people in charge of the training on UniField supply modules and members of the Supply Unit working on UniField in order to make sure that the same messages are given during deployment and trainings.
TRANSITION WITH THE SUPPLY CHAIN DEPARTMENT
- In collaboration with the IT-IS REFERENT and the OCB UniField Deployment Manager prepare a plan for the transition of the responsibility of Unifield deployment (supply part) from the deployment team (MIOs) to the Supply Unit
- Facilitate the integration of Unifield within the Supply Unit (front office and back office)
- In collaboration with the Supply Unit, finance and IT departments define a process for the deployment of Unifield for new missions and new projects to be used after the end of deployment phase
- In collaboration with the IT-IS REFERENT, finance and IT departments define a structure to run Unifield as business as usual after the deployment phase is ended. Thus including a definition of first line, second line and third line support, SLAs for bugs management and a process for the request for changes
- Other ad-hoc projects within the Supply Unit could be assigned to the role
- After the completion of the transition phase a re-evaluation of the activities in charge to the role will be requested
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience in supply information systems
- Experience on UniField is an asset
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Project management experience
- Strong ability to work in a team
- High result and quality orientation
- University degree preferably in Business / Economics / Computer science / management information system.
- MSF (or NGO) experience is an asset
- Fluent English and French.
- Adhere to the MSF principles and our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment.
- Open-ended contract - full-time – based in Belgium
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date : September 2018
Deadline for applications: before July 31th 2018
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English by e-mail to Camille Dumonceau Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org with “USTO” in the subject