Détails de l'annonce
Organisation : Médecins du monde France
Site web : http://www.jobs.net/j/JsVDHzQV?idpartenaire=220
Lieu de l'emploi : Erbil / Iraq
Type d'emploi : Contrat à durée déterminée
Type de contrat : Temps plein
Fonction : Gestion de projet
Date de publication : 09/06/2020
Date limite : 06/09/2020
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, political sciences, international relations, humanitarian and international cooperation or related field
Master’s in public health is an asset
At least 7 years relevant professional experience in humanitarian sector with minimum 3 years in management position
Solid experience of project planning, multi project budget holding, proposal and report writing
Experience in remote management and post emergency
Experience in Middle East is an asset
Knowledge and understanding of project management tools
Strong communication and reporting skills
Proficient in the use of MS Office
Ability to work under stressful situations
Good analytical skills
Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
Ability to manage remotely when needed
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
Languages: fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory. Arabic, Kurdish and French are assets.
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. During its first mission in the country, MdM was providing general and specialized medical services (surgery, training programmes for traditional birth attendants). Since then, MdM has had several programmes which included paediatric surgery, contributing to the renewal of techniques and knowledge of surgical, medical and paramedical staff in 1997, emergency medical activities in 2002, building local capacity on basic emergency healthcare services at community level in 2006. From 2009 to 2011, MdM supported an Iraqi NGO in the implementation of a programme aimed at improving the skills of midwives and traditional birth attendants in accordance with recognized international standards.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a programme where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current programme focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continues to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the general coordinator, you will work closely with the country coordination team to develop the mission health strategy, ensure quality integrated programme implementation in line with donor requirements. You will be part of the overall coordination team, and can act as acting general coordinator in the general coordinator's absence. You will manage directly 6 people.
• Provide support in programme coordination to ensure consistent quality, including the incorporation of cross-cutting themes as GBV and community-based approach
• Organise and guide grants process of the programme
• Support coordinators to oversee performance of projects and partners
• Conduct frequent field visits jointly with technical coordinator to all project sites to support monitoring, quality control and programme staff mentoring and coaching whenever necessary
• Assist technical and field coordinators in problem identification and mitigation as well as development of relevant implementation strategies to increase programme reach and outcomes
• Support the continued implementation of the monitoring system in close collaboration with medical, MHPSS, MEAL and field coordinators
• Ensure monthly quantitative and qualitative analysis of programmes
• Monitor the evolving humanitarian situation and consider strategic and immediate responses with coordination team
• Participate actively in the development of the mission’s operational strategy in line with MdM's global strategy and the country strategy and national health policy
• Coordinate, supervise and participate in exploratory missions and needs assessments with coordination team
• Coordinate the development of proposals with field project teams, coordination team and partner NGOs
• Ensure that new strategic orientations are taken into consideration and are implemented at field level
• Participate actively in the writing of the bimonthly sitrep
• Support assessment of national partnership opportunities aiming at developing joined projects and capacity building
• Provide support in programme coordination of the national partners to ensure quality programme implementation
• Coordinate with the technical coordinators monitoring and supervision visits to partner programme activities
• Identify capacity building needs of the partner NGO and ensure trainings and coaching
• Monitor and evaluate programme activities of the national partners and ensure lessons learned sessions
• Ensure MdM’s internal regulations are understood and complied with by the team
• Manage and supervise staff under your direct supervision (medical coordinator, MHPSS coordinator and MEAL department and 3 field coordinators)
• Coach technical and field coordinators in their programme management and capacity building of their teams
• In close coordination with the general coordinator, represent MdM at country level toward government authorities, NGOs, UN agencies, and other external actors
• Participate in regular coordination meetings held at national level
• In the event of a visit by a donor, play an active role in preparing and managing the visit
• Ensure the security rules are understood and respected by the team
• Work closely with the country team's security focal point to ensure that programs are contributing and responding to safety and security plans and procedures
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: mid July 2020
Position based in Erbil with regular travel to the field
Gross monthly salary: 3041 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility