Operational Finance Referent (m/f)
Personne de Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de candidature: 13/03/2017
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée indéterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Fonction: Gestion financière
Lieu de l'emploi: Brussels
The mission of the Finance Department is to ensure that financial statements give a true and fair view of the financial position of MSF Belgium and to ensure an optimal use of financial resources.
Within the Finance Department, the operational finance unit is notably in charge of supervising, controlling and supporting the financial management at mission level: budgeting, budget follow up & forecasting, internal & management control. This unit is responsible for ensuring the respect of financial procedures at field level.
- The Operational Finance Referent plays a key and central coordination role within the operational finance unit. Under the supervision of the Operational Finance Coordinator, he/she support the management and coordination of the operational finance unit which consists of 6 Finance Officers (in cells), 2 Emergency Finance Officers and 2 mobile implementation officers (MIO).
- He/she contributes to the definition of the field finance strategy notably to develop and strengthen the management control responsibility. He/she brings an overall support to the OFC in order to ensure that tools and procedures are consistent with the Finance Department strategy, proposes amendments if that is not the case. He/she ensure works in collaboration with the Operational Finance Unit to ensure they are implemented, respected, consistent and regularly updated accordingly.
- He/she is notably in charge of following the needs in Finance staff in missions (both in terms of quantity and quality) and the availabilities within the pool.
- The Operational Finance Referent ensures the reliability of financial field data when related to the operations finance unit.
- He/she plays a key role in promoting and supporting change management within the Operational Finance Unit and more largely within the Ops department, and missions.
Ensure the improvement of quality and analysis of data and information provided by the operational finance unit.
- Ensures the proper implementation and respect of the key processes (quality & timing): Budget, Forecast, Internal Control & Risk Management.
- Supports FinOffs and accompany new comers in monitoring of missions budget and forecast, implementing risks analyses & management control related activities.
- Runs transversal cost analysis defined in collaboration between Finance and Operations departments.
- He/she is the reference person to facilitate in collaboration with OFC and FinOffs the monthly analysis of Internal Control data, and draftees and provides consolidated analysis and report.
- Provides guidance and supervises the Operational Finance Unit in the management, collection, consolidation of field information (including visit reports). Proposes improvement for tools use and ensures that manuals and methodology exist and are consistent.
- Actively participates to the induction and explanations of concept and tools to new staff (FinOffs, MIO, FinCo) and to none finance person in meetings and training.
In close collaboration with the Operational Finance Coordinator ensures the best implementation of consistent, harmonized and relevant policies and processes (field and cells)
- Participates to the identification of the challenges for the finance department in the field and proposes responses.
- Participates in the briefing and debriefing process of Finco and other relevant expats when needed.
- Ensures the follow up and consolidation of field specific information which are and could be requested by HQ department (for example field insurance and buildings information) in collaboration with adequate HQ responsible.
- Ensures the follow up of field risk and litigations information in link with adequate HQ responsible.
- Promotes and ensures the respect and adaptation of financial policies for legal constraints in link with the legal Unit and Risk Controller Unit (anti money laundry rules, reporting to authorities…)
- Supports the OFC and the Finoffs in the proposition to Finance Control & Risks Unit concerning upgrade, revision and design of procedures and tools in order to make them adapted to the field constraints. Support the OFC and participate as Finoff in the testing of tools, give feedback to the owner of new tools.
- Represents Operational Finance Unit in the different platforms (meetings or Working Groups) dealing with field finance management
Ensures and actively contributes to the stability of the operational finance unit activities.
- Ensures FinOffs responsibilities and tasks for Ivory Coast Supply Training Centre + KSU + other missions identified.
- Ensures the back up of FinOffs during their absences (field visit, holidays, other leaves).
- Ensures the back up of OFC during his/her absence.
- Actively participates to the follow up and improvement of Field Finance Pool. Contributes to the redaction and implementation of HR strategy for Field Finance positions.
- Participates in the creation or update of Finance training (for HQ staff and field finance staff) and provides trainings and modules.
Promotes change management within the Operational Finance Unit and more largely in the Ops department and the missions
- Supports FinOffs in order to ensure they understand changes, rational behind changes and that they are able to become change agent themselves.
- Extended MSF experience in HQ or/and Field
- Demonstrated organizational skills, excellent leadership abilities
- High knowledge of MSF financial procedures, tools and accounting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Excellent knowledge of MS office tools
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Open-end contract (CDI) – full time - Based in HQ (Brussels) with field visits
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Canteen – reimbursement (100%) for public transportation costs
- Starting : immediate
Deadline for Application: March 13th 2017
Interested candidates should send cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, by e-mail to Recruit.HQ.email@example.com or to Kristina Presis, Finance Department, Rue de l’Arbre Bénit 46, 1050 Brussels