Head of Mission – Various Locations
Personne de Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de candidature: 20/12/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Fonction: Gestion de projet
Lieu de l'emploi: Various locations (English-speaking and French-speaking areas)
Job Title: Head of Mission
Duty Station: Various locations (English-speaking and French-speaking areas)
Starting date: 01/01/2019
Contract duration: 12 months (renewable)
Reporting to: Regional Director
Supervision of: depends on the mission's set-up
Main responsibilities and tasks
The Head of Mission represents the Organization and is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the country program on the basis of defined strategies and indications.
The HoM manages and coordinates the operations and human resources in the country and is responsible to:
Communication and representation
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with Local Authorities and Institutions, Donors, International Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Follow up, guarantee and monitor government recognition procedures for the organization in compliance with the host country formalities;
- Tmonitor donor’s priorities and intervention strategies in the country as well as to map and approach new donors.
Planning and implementation
- Define country priorities based on context and needs analyses; monitor donor intervention strategies in the country; design, promote and elaborate new interventions;
- Assess, promote and submit new projects, following the procedures defined and promoting a spirit of participation among beneficiaries at all management stages, ensuring the transparency of the intervention;
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the country operations - and all related administrative, financial, human resources, logistics and security aspects - ensuring timely and quality assistance delivery, as well as cost efficiency and accountability, in compliance with INTERSOS and donors guidelines, regulations and procedures.
Information and Reporting
- Continuously assess, analyze and evaluate the impact of the country operations, also through periodic visits to the areas of intervention.
- Define the mission financial plan, ensuring self-sufficiency and consistency of expenses, and assume responsibility for the mission funds management, including bank accounts.
- Coordinate, guide and supervise the mission staff, and evaluate their performance;
- To ensure the respect for the values, Code of Ethics and Organization Management and Control Model of INTERSOS within the mission;
- Ensure personnel compliance with procedures foreseen by INTERSOS’ Organization Management and Control Model;
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings.
- Validation of all the mission security plans (Capital and projects);
- Interaction on the Country security issues with HQ (Security Referent) and relevant actors;
- To hold final responsibility for any decision concerning security.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Humanitarian and International Cooperation or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as Head of Mission or other management/ coordination positions in humanitarian/development contexts;
- Proven experience in management of UN and ECHO funds;
- Proven experience in management of large staff teams and good leadership.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing).
- Proficient knowledge of English/French is required.
- Proactive attitude;
- Ability to work in insecure remote contexts and to adapt to basic living conditions in remote/isolated areas.
HOW TO APPLY:
For further information and to apply, follow the link below:
In case you encounter difficulties applying through INTERSOS' platform, you can also apply by sending your CV, motivation letter and 2 references via email to email@example.com , with subject line: “SR-292 Head of Mission".
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.