Personne de Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date limite de candidature: 31/03/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Beirut
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The Grant Manager, in close collaboration with the Country Director and the SMT members, will ensure regular oversight, monitoring, and support to the management of the Mission’s grant portfolio, all through the lifecycle, from early discussions with the donor and/or organisational partners, proposal preparation, to grant compliance checks, donor visibility requirements and reporting.
The Grant Manager will take the lead and coordinate the process of development of high quality funding proposals, concept notes and reports in compliance with donor regulations, and shall follow HQ and mission-level related established processes, and ensure all documentation is in line with Action Against Hunger’s internal Guidelines.
In order to ensure efficient processes and contract monitoring, the Grant Manager is expected to create and maintain tools and grant files and records, including the GESPRA system and stay updated on donor requirements. In addition,
This is an extremely dynamic and rigorous role, requiring strong coordination and organisation skills, to ensure that all deliverables are produced in a timely manner, which can be a challenge at times. The Grant Manager will keep in regular contact with all staff involved in the implementation of grants, as well as donors’ focal points in charge of tasks related to the management of contracts, reporting, communication and monitoring.
It is encouraged that the GM develops capacity-building initiatives, such as workshops or short training sessions, of the Mission’s staff members on the various related processes, which may be helpful to enable ownership and accountability of deliverables.
Upon request from the Country Director, based on time avilability and needs, the Grant Manager could at key moments also support the Mission with tasks related to:
- Donor Mapping and Donor Intelligence
- Development of miscellaneous products for donors/external stakeholders
- Undertake communications activities, in line with the Mission’s Communication Plan and in the absence of a dedicated staff
- Ensure adequate coaching of new staff member in the event of a transition period.
Objective 1: Identification, coordination, preparation, writing and submission of quality and timely proposals/concept notes, following Action Against Hunger’s validation processes and taking into account the donor guidelines
- Under the direction of the Country Director, and in consultation with Technical Coordinators, Logistics and Admin/Fin Coordinator, the GM will design, coordinate, gather inputs, collect relevant information to draft full proposals (including proposal narratives, and other required annexes, such as the budget and PPP) or Concept Notes to be presented to donors. The GM will ensure that the proposals are validated and submitted on time
- The GM will assist Program teams in designing Project proposals in response to various proposals such as Call for Proposals (CFP), Requests for Proposal (RFP) or Concept Notes (CN), and as such, will participate to early technical discussions with the donors, when and if feasible.
- The GM will follow Action Against Hunger’s Lebanon Strategic Framework, and promote the harmonization of indicators and means of verification. The GM will ensure the respect for Action Against Hunger’s Lebanon standard operating procedures and the validation procedure defined by HQ. The GW will ensure that proposals take into consideration Gender, Protection and Accountability Guidelines, according to Action Against Hunger policies.
- The GM will ensure proposals/CN are in accordance with donor frameworks, guidelines and language.
- The GM will coordinate any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback and resubmission
- The GM will liaise with either HQ or donors in following-up/tracking of submitted proposals, so as to support the Mission’s budgetary planning
Objective 2: Coordinate and lead the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
- Coordinate donor reporting processes as outlined at mission and HQ level, with the relevant departments to collect the information/inputs and ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports
- Coordinate with Admin/Finance Coordinator or Deputy Country Director to ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Assist field teams in drafting of donor reports by ensuring that reports are in accordance with donor requirements and are submitted on time
- Liaise with either HQ or donor in following-up/tracking of submitted reports
- When feasible, ensure that reporting requirements are kept minimal for the Mission and that processes are streamlined and efficient.
Objective 3: Grant Management & donors’ relations
- Maintain an updated calendar of project report obligations and project development, and ensure key staff are aware of it and respect the deadlines by sharing it regularly with the SMT and HQ project manager. This includes the maintenance of the related sections in GESPRA (Online Project Management Tool), at least on a weekly basis.
- In coordination with the Country Director, liaise with HQ staff (throughout the Action Against Hunger International network, including the Donor Relations Unit and with Madrid HQ Operations) on potential funding opportunities, as and when requested, including donor’s mapping/intelligence.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are created and regularly updated, and are available for use. Provide briefing papers and support the development of external communication tools relevant for donor visits/meetings.
- Set up and constantly update database for donor guidelines and regulations, and create fact sheets for main donors.
- Inform Program and support teams on any changes to existing donor guidelines and regulations
- Act as a focal point for the Mission for external communications with donors for all grant management and reporting matters
- Coordination with Admin/Finance Coordinator on donor compliance issue and contractual issues
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests)
- Support Program Teams (and if applicable, communication officer) in ensuring donor visibility requirements are met and in the planning and organization of donor field visits.
- If time allows: Efficiently coordinate with and provide support to Country Director and Deputy Country Director in coordination tasks with consortium partners and organizational partners (sub-grants)
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (communications, political science, law, etc.)
- Good experience in proposal writing, donor rules, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- Experience in Project Cycle Management. Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent english.
- Training and capacity building experience. Communication skills: press relases, hoto edition, video edition.
- Internet and social networks.
- Previous experience in a similar position and/or in the humanitarian field of at least 3 years.
- High ethical principles
- Flexibility with unexpected events
- Organized and methodical
- Ability to work under pressure.
- English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
- Arabic: Useful
- French/Spanish: An asset
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Based in: Beirut
- Area: Operations
- Formal work contract: 3 months
- Salary: from 1,870.00 € - 2,370.00 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger - Spain). Action Against Hunger - Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Action Against Hunger - Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger - Spain).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
English: Compulsory working language. Excellent writing skills are required for this position.
French/Spanish: An asset