EU Partnership Coordinator
Personne de Contact: Yon.Janssen@plan-international.org
Date limite de candidature: 01/07/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée indéterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Bruxelles
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing all children and especially girls. We are active in over 70 countries across the world.
The purpose and ambition of the EU Office is to advance children’s rights and equality for girls in the EU’s external action. In line with Plan International’s global strategy, One Million Reasons, and the EU Office’s 5-year strategy, we will contribute to ensuring that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive. We work with the EU in its three roles as a donor, policy-maker and promoter of human rights.
We are recruiting a:
EU Partnership Coordinator
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our EU funding team to support the EU Partnership Manager in implementing Plan Europe’s funding strategy, both in relation to DEVCO and ECHO, and ensuring EU development and humanitarian aid pays particular attention to children and girls in particular.
Job Title: EU Partnership Coordinator
Reports to: EU Partnership Manager
Responsible for: Supporting the EU Partnership Manager in ensuring EU development and humanitarian aid pays particular attention to children and girls, by increased EU grants for quality projects for Plan International.
Based in: Brussels, Plan International EU Office
Salary range: Competitive
Status: Full-time (5 days/week, 37.5 hrs.)
Benefits: 24 days holiday, pension scheme, Life Assurance cover, hospitalisation and outpatient cover (DKV), meal vouchers, yearly transport pass.
Preferred start date: 17 September 2018.
Overall Purpose of the Job
To support the EU Partnership Manager in implementing the Plan Europe funding strategy, by supporting on the internal coordination process for funding opportunities across the organisation and acting as a reference desk for EU project implementation and management, for both DEVCO and ECHO.
- To support the EU Partnership Manager in the development of strategies and annual work plans, both for DEVCO and for ECHO.
Operation and implementation
- To monitor upcoming EU funding opportunities and Thematic Programmes in general.
- To support the accountability of the DEVCO Global Account Management (DEVCO GAM) and the ECHO Global Account Management (ECHO GAM), mainly on the internal coordination work between Plan National Offices (NOs) and with Country Offices (COs) for DEVCO funding, and on the internal coordination work between FPA holders for ECHO.
- To support NOs and COs applying for and implementing EU grants.
- To advise NOs and COs on EU compliance rules in implementing EU grants.
- To review project proposals.
- To develop and design EU funding trainings covering the entire project cycle in the Regions and in Europe.
- To conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of EU funding in Plan International.
- To coordinate bi-monthly EU funding updates and newsletters articles to inform NOs and COs about funding opportunities, EU grants in Plan International, humanitarian aid and other news from the EU.
- To develop tools to support NOs and COs in the different phases of the project cycle/in the proposal phase.
- To develop and monitor Plan International databases on status of application and successful proposals up to date, including dissemination and knowledge management.
Outreach and Networking
- To represent Plan International at meetings with the European Institutions as well as within NGOs networks.
- To guide the work of the EU Partnership Assistant.
- Experience and Knowledge
- At least 3 years of working experience, of which 1 year EU related;
- Excellent knowledge of EU funding mechanisms and EU project cycle management;
- Strong interest in children rights, girls rights and/or human rights. Activism in these areas will be considered as an asset;
- MA or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication;
- Strong interest in developing trainings or workshops.
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills;
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English; French and Spanish an asset;
- Good knowledge of computer tools (esp. Power Point and Excel).
- Personal Qualities
- Independent, able to work independently as well as with a team;
- Flexible, willing to share information and to take up various tasks done in a small office;
- Managing all relationships inside Plan International and outside constructively, diplomatic and with discretion;
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Capacity to speak in public and to large groups;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Some willingness to travel.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with. Plan International believes that it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities or members of other underrepresented groups to apply.
Are you interested? If so, please send a single page letter outlining your motivation for this position as well as your CV to EUORecruitment@plan-international.org by 01 July 2018 with the title “EU Partnership Coordinator”. Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted and that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.