BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Date limite de candidature: 30/04/2018
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps partiel
Lieu de l'emploi: Senegal
The aim of this consultancy is to support the development of a comprehensive program on the protection of Migrant and Displaced children in West Africa, as part of a regional programmatic strategy.
The primary objective of the assignment is to develop a successful concept note and full proposal.
Organizing and facilitating workshops and meetings at national and regional level to better define activities and precise exact zones of interventions.
Organising and facilitating a regional workshop for validation
Finalisation of the program document
Expected outputs/specific deliverables
Review all previous documents and intelligence information that has led to the present call for proposals. It is of key importance to extensively understand the ad hoc instruments and related documents
A full proposal (narrative + detailed budget)
Staffing plan: organogram
The duration of the assignment is 30 working days, with the exclusion of travel days. This is however a tentative timeframe. The assignment will be considered completed upon submission of satisfactory deliverables.
Calendar of execution:
Desk review/context analysis
Program development at national level
3 days x Country (travels excluded)
Mali, Burkina, Senegal/Gambia, Cote d'Ivoire
Remote work (pre-elaboration, consultations)
5 days (travels excluded)
Home (key stakeholders, partners, staff in Nigeria, Guinea, The Gambia, Ghana)
Regional finalization Workshop
2 days + 2 days of preparation, meetings (travels excluded)
Elaboration of first draft
Elaboration of final documents
* all in-country locations to be considered capital cities.
Reporting lines during the assignment
The consultant will report directly to the SCI Regional Migration Advisor, in close consultation with, SC Spain, Terre des hommes and other relevant stakeholders and partners and in collaboration with SCI department leads (PDQ, Business Development Manager, CP TA, Hum TA, Finance team, Logistics team, HR team, Security team etc).
The consultancy will be partly home-based (12) and partly on the field, including remote locations (18).
This consultancy will be managed by deliverables, the applicants are requested to provide a total lumpsum for the whole execution of activities and completion of deliverables.
All offers need to provide detailed financial offer with costs breakdown including
- Total consultancy costs split in deliverables
- Travel costs, in-country and international, including airfare, visa, lodging, board, insurance and internal travels costs.
- proposed payment terms
*All costs are to be provided in Euro
ualifications and experience
- Experience working in Business Development and proven successful history of Proposal writing for the European Commission funding
- Understanding of the context in West Africa and specifically the Sahel region
- Understanding of the legal frameworks and current practices on protection of Children on the Move
- Experience developing and supporting offices in the design of child focused, human rights based, gender transformative log frames, narrative and financial proposals
- Experience engaging donors to fund integrated programmes
- Ability to plan, organize and manage own workload
- Ability to facilitate planning workshops
- Strong written and speaking skills in French and English
- Previous work experience with Save the Children and Terre des hommes- Lausanne strongly preferred.
Contract length: 30 working days
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a technical offer of maximum 3 pges (Methodology and approach) - Financial Offer, up-to-date CV, Relevant previous work samples (max 3) and professional references for similar works.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.