BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND FUNDING COORDINATOR
Personne de Contact: email@example.com
Date limite de candidature: 01/01/2019
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Lieu de l'emploi: Bruxelles
In order to develop its programs and increase its efficiency, Oxfam is seeking a “Business Development and Funding Coordinator (BDFC)”. Oxfam-Solidarité – a Belgian development and humanitarian aid NGO, is a member of Oxfam International, which is a confederation of 19 Oxfam’s networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty.
To this end, Oxfam-Solidarité associates with other organizations in the South and conducts awareness, advocacy and campaigns activities in the North. Since 2009, the Oxfam confederation has accelerated its harmonisation process working towards ‘one voice and one programme’ in a single management structure.
For over 40 years, Oxfam-Solidarité has been running humanitarian aid and development projects in the Saharawi refugee camps near the Algerian city of Tindouf. In collaboration with local partners and with the financial support of several donors, Oxfam-Solidarité will continue its activities which are structured around 3 axes:
1.Food security (distribution of fresh products, agriculture, etc.)
2. Resilience projects with a special focus on youth
3. Communication activities and humanitarian advocacy.
As a member of the Country Management Team, the BDFC will lead on new business development, creating, identifying and accessing new funding opportunities; maintaining a consistent standard of donor relationship and high-quality proposal development across the country context; and will actively seek to grow income for the Oxfam Country Programme through (national, multi country or global) funding opportunities and consortium partnerships.
The BDFC will also support the Country Director in providing strategic leadership on resource mobilization for the Country Office. S/he will be responsible for implementing the country’s resource mobilization strategies; supporting the Country Director in building partnerships with donors, relevant Oxfam Affiliates and civil society stakeholders; working closely with the program team to developing innovative programs for submissions to donors; addressing key financial and reputational risks and ensuring that there are strategies in place to maintain adequate skills and capacity, staffing and income within the portfolio of the country office.
The BDFC reports to the CD, he will be expected to work across the confederation of OI affiliates in achieving the country’ funding strategy and be the primary link for accessing technical fundraising assistance and support from the confederation’s fundraising architecture and especially all the (current and potential) Partner Affiliates of countries both at global and at regional MENA levels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Business Development, Partnerships and Resource mobilization strategies:
- Leads the implementation of country resource mobilization strategy/ies intended to strengthen income and partnerships to deliver the country strategies. Under the supervision of the CD and in close coordination with the Country Management Team and Strategic Programme Team, leads the production and updates of the CO funding strategy and annual plans.
- Actively identifies, qualifies and tracks funding and partnership opportunities in a systematic manner in pursuit of supporting Oxfam’s CO and programs; with Oxfam Affiliates, institutional and other donors. Makes propositions, to the CD and CMT, on how to best seize them, attract and establish new partnerships and support.
- Seeks to grow income for the county and for the confederation through funding opportunities and scoping new consortium partnerships with stakeholders at national, regional and global levels. Facilitates inter-affiliate negotiations on prime applicant selection and supports the CD for the final decision.
- Monitors the funding pipeline and leads on income planning and forecasting at national level in link with the region. Collaborates to support confederation public fundraising by effective matching of program needs within the country to affiliate based public fundraising efforts. Monitors and mentors the country office’s performance on fundraising and, in consultation with the Institutional Funding Units at PA level, provides the country office input into relevant monitoring tools and systems.
- Building Strategic Donor relations and Affiliates’ engagement:
- Together with the CD, ensures the development and management of Oxfam’s relationships with institutional - and other types of - donor representatives within a country and multi-country context, building on Oxfam’s track record and reputation.
- In close cooperation with the CD, the Programme and Policy teams, proactively engage in influencing donors’ policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding, and promote Oxfam’s strategic and operational positioning, and thereby contribute to an effective and proactive fundraising.
- Co-ordinates business development and funding activities with relevant Oxfam staff in country and at regional level as well as with Oxfam Affiliates, and reports on progress to the CD and Country Management Team (CMT).
- Active engagement in Oxfam co-ordination mechanisms within the region to improve inter-country and inter-affiliate collaboration
- Links with the confederation funding architecture to access intelligence, opportunities and skills. Brokers and streamlines assistance from donor account managers in Affiliate HQs and shared services and builds collaborative relationships with these.
- Participates and actively engages in relevant regional Funding bodies.
- Bid Development, management & Compliance Assurance:
- In close collaboration with the programme and finance teams, prepares all necessary groundwork for proposal development and bid management - including multi-country and multi-affiliate ones -, helps assemble bid development teams, ensures effective and qualitative bid development to ensure high quality competitive proposals.
- Contributes to drafting and editing proposals in coordination with the programme team. Manage all required internal sign off and facilitate the submission of all bids and proposals in close consultation with the CD.
- Provides technical advice in negotiations with institutional donors or business partners over contracts, costs, governance and accountability, and compliance requirements. Advices programme and finance staff to deliver strong donor compliance and undertake quality assurance for reports for donors in the region considered to be high risk, to help minimise any negative impact to Oxfam’s income and reputation
- Supports staff to adhere to funding policies and guidelines of the Oxfam confederation.
- Grant Management:
- Coordinates and leads on Donor Contract Management (DCM) of restricted funds, including support to grant management, reporting, revisions and close out. Monitor and track restricted grants for compliance with donor guidelines, and capacity building of country teams and partners ;
- Supports program teams (including logistics, HR and finance) to effectively plan, secure and manage donor contracts using appropriate methodology, including formal training, technical guidance, coaching and accompaniment to ensure the timely submission of quality proposals and reports. Provide specific advice and support to country team (with Finance Department) in all aspects of the financial management of specific restricted and unrestricted funds, including donor budgeting, compliance with donor requirements, managing income, financial reporting and the necessary financial reconciliation on Oxfam management systems ;
- Works closely with the teams (in particular finance) to ensure greatest use of restricted funds through strategic recharging to donor contracts where possible, and to ensure budget spend is maximized ;
- Strengthens the capacity of partner organizations in funding skills as part of their organizational development.
- Management (cross-cutting):
- Manages and ensures capacity building of the team, with full development plans drawn up and fulfilled;
- Participate in the country Management Team (CMT), ensuring a consistent standard of excellence in resource mobilization and business development. Advises management as needed on recruitment, risk identification, skills training and capacity building and help ensure that the country programs are adequately resourced ;
- Strengthen the capacity of the local partner organization teams in relation to grant management and donor compliance.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- A university degree - or equivalent - in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Law, marketing, public affairs, fundraising, fund development, Economics or International Development or other relevant experience ;
- 5 years of demonstrable experience and success working in fundraising, program development and management in the humanitarian & development sector ;
- Experience with key institutional donors’ guidelines and procedures (EU, USG, GAC, DFAT, SDC, SIDA, DFID etc) ;
- Strong writing skills and strong ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs ;
- Solid understanding and convictions of a rights-based approach and gender sensitive, and experience in the NGO sector – experience with Oxfam is preferred ;
- Experience of working with and coaching technical teams to develop complex proposals ;
- High analytical/negotiating/communication/inter-personal skills ;
- Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks ;
- Experience of skills capacity building in relation to program funding or related field ;
- Good computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation ;
- Strong verbal and written communication, networking, representational, and negotiation skills. Excellent command of English and French; knowledge of Arabic and/ or Spanish is a plus;
- Ability to work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment and to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilize talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
- Place of work: Algiers (With frequent travels to Tindouf – South Algeria);
- Gross salary: competitive salary adapted to the organization's salary grid;
- 1 year full-time contract, renewable depending on obtaining new funding ;
- Start date: asap
Please send your CV and cover letter mentioning the reference " Business Development and Funding Coordinator " before 02/01/2019 by e-mail to jobs@Oxfamsol.be
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for a personal interview