A NUTRITION & HEALTH COORDINATOR - YEMEN
Date limite de candidature: 27/07/2017
Type d'offre: Contrat à durée déterminée
Volume de travail: Temps plein
Fonction: Coordination, Expertise/recherche, Gestion de projet, Mission terrain, Santé, Autre
Lieu de l'emploi: Sanaa
Context: Yemen is one of the country with L3 emergencies in the world. The health and needs in the country are very high and the context is very challenging in regards to access to the communities. Recent WHO report shows only half of the health facilities are functional and providing primary health care services with significant shortage of medicine and supplies (only 30% of needed drugs & supplies are coming to th country) in Yemen (Nov 2016). Prevalence of diarrhea was found to be ranging from 35%-45% (SMART surveys 2015-16) in Hodeidah and Hajjah Governorate while difficulties in breathing were found to be more than 50%; measles 5-10% including ongoing cholera outbreaks.
The current burden urges international partners to engage in the provision of primary health care services alongside Government health facilities to reach out the affected population mostly in out of reach areas. ACF has been providing integrated lifesaving IMCI, ANC/PNC services along with treatment of acutely malnourished children in Hodeida, Hajjah governorate through nutrition and health mobile teams with support from ECHO, SIDA and UNICEF.
In Hodeidah, ACF is running projects delivering health and nutrition services with support from ECHO, SIDA, and DFID. In 2017, ACF has significantly focused to align health interventions within the nutrition programs leading to scale up of life saving health interventions for sick children, pregnant and lactating women. ACF's health teams, working under Nut & Health Coordinator, comprised of Deputy Co-Health, medical doctors, Nut & Health program managers, Deputy PM-Health, Nurses and midwives. Due to the significant scale up of health operations and diversed health context, ACF Yemen mission is aiming to enhance internal technical capacity of the current and newly recruited teams for provision of quality health services and be prepared for responding to the emerging health needs in country. Therefore, the health expert is expected to support Head of department in harmonizing the technical approaches and protocols for the mission; developing implementation tools, technical skills of the teams and coach them on their roles and responsibilities. ACF programs have had experience of blockade of field access from Hajjah governorate for last few months but Hodeida activities were running smoothly so far. Security situation remain under close observation and follow up with very limited, sometimes no access to social places in Hodeida.
Living conditions in Sana’a : Saana has 8-10 expatriates working at coordination level including technical and support department under the supervision of Country Director and Deputy Country Director, with a tremendous team spirit and motivation. Security situation in Sana’a remained under close observation with access to other agencies including meetings but limited access to super markets.
Country: YEMEN - Sanaa
Length of Contract: 6 Months (up to 12 Months) starting as soon as possible
The Position: Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, you will be responsible to define the strategies, coordinate activities and technically support the implementation of quality projects in the sectors Nutrition & Health. More precisely, you will in charge to:
Develop strategy and proposals for the Nutrition and Health Department in Yemen
- Collect, consolidate and analyse data pertaining to the nutrition and health situation/needs in the country
- Develop nutrition and health strategy for the country
- Develop proposals and budget
- Propose, plan, and implement nutrition assessments and support evidence programming
- Produce briefs/documentation for internal and external dissemination regarding the health and nutrition needs
Coordinate and support program implementation in line with ACF international technical standards in the fields of nutrition and health
- Ensure approaches, methodologies and tools across the different health and nutrition programs
- Develop quality/context-specific standardized tools and methodologies
- Consolidate and analyse program monitoring data and identify areas of improvements
- Conducting regular field visits to monitor quality of program implementation, identify technical gaps and needs for training for health and nutrition team
- Ensure request and continuous follow up of international procurement of drugs/ nutrition products in coordination with the logistic department
Manage the Nutrition and Health team in capital
- Develop and regularly update action plans for Nutrition/Health team in capital
- Provide technical training/coaching of Nutrition/Health team in capital
Represent Action Against Hunger and its positioning in the field of nutrition and health towards authorities, donors and humanitarian partners
- Disseminate of the ACF nutrition and health strategy at country level to partners and funding bodies in his field of expertise (included advocacy actions)
- Developing and maintaining a network of harmonious and productive relationships with national representatives and programme partners (funding bodies, other NGOs, etc)
- Represent ACF towards national health authorities in a spirit of collaboration and partnership
- Representing ACF strategic and technical positioning in Nutrition and Health Clusters, and relevant working groups
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Specific Allowance (12% Gross Salary) is granted for this position
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
Follow our job offers and join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acf.jobs/
The Applicant: You hold a Master degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 5 years minimum of professional experience and 2 years prior experience in a similar or comparable position (coordination of primary health care and nutrition program, in emergencies and in developmental contexts). You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and experience in project cycle management and integrated approaches.
You have a strong ability to provide technical support in project proposal development and in conducting needs assessments.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills are required thus team management experience.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written)